The EME Society aims to bring together students from all years of the EME course for academic collaboration, technical visits, social events and most importantly for interaction with industry and other academic institutions across the UK.
We actively encourage 4th and 5th year students to mentor those in 1st year while they adapt to the new and varied pressures of university life. We provide help and advice for students including application support for industry recognised development schemes such as the IET Power Academy and the RAEng Engineering Leadership awards.
What We've Achieved
- Massive participation - over 70% of EME students are members of the Society.
- Establishment of an officially recognised Buddy Scheme where 4th and 5th year students help 1st years to adjust to University life.
- Advice sessions for 1st-3rd years looking to continue Strathclyde's astounding record for Power Academy scholarships.
- Much more to come...
- Plans for multiple social and technical visits/events throughout the academic year.
- Sponsorships from industry leaders such as ConocoPhillips and Atkins for a recent visit to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN's headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Involvement in the IET's new "On-Campus" scheme to boost the professional body's status among students and young/graduate engineers.